Take 3 VOD and Live supports HLS for IOS as well as Flash for Android and PC all based on Google's Widevine DRM
- MACNETIX VOD Server supports HLS playback and MACNETIX Transcoder supports Live.TV streaming to STBs and mobile devices
- Anevia ViaMotion Servers support several protocols (HTTP Live Streaming, MS Smooth Streaming, ADS Flash, MPEG DASH) for targeting any device. They support both live and on-demand streaming.
- Packet Ship Overview:Origin server and Streamline video server both support HLS for on-demand, live and catch-up streaming.
- TVersity supports HTTP Live streaming in conjunction with on-the-fly transcoding for playback of any video content on iOS devices.
- Helix Universal Server from RealNetworks supports iPhone OS 3.0 and later for live and on-demand HTTP Live or On-Demand streaming of H.264 and AAC content to iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- IIS Media Services from Microsoft supports live and on-demand Smooth Streaming and HTTP Live Streaming.
- Wowza Media Server from Wowza Media Systems supports live and on-demand streaming.
- VODOBOX Live Server supports HTTP Live Streaming for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Google Android devices (Honeycomb 3.0 and above).
- Akamai supports HTTP Dynamic Streaming for live and on-demand streams.
- Level 3 supports HTTP Dynamic Streaming for live and on-demand streams.
- InstaTV Server supports HTTP Live Streaming of ATSC/ClearQAM HDTV from Windows PC with any TV tuner card to iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
- Unreal Media Server supports low latency HTTP Live Streaming as of version 9.5.
- VLC Media Player supports HTTP Live Streaming for serving live and on-demand streams as of version 2.0
- Uplynk supports live and on-demand streaming for all devices by storing a single non-proprietary HLS encode.
- Erlyvideo can stream HLS in a cache-friendly manner, allowing to reuse cached chunks for live stream and for archive viewing.
- Adobe Systems demonstrated an update to its Adobe Flash Media Server product supporting HTTP Live Streaming at the NAB Show in April 2011
- Apple Inc. used this on September 1, 2010 to stream their iPod Keynote event live over the internet, and on October 20, 2010 to stream their 'Back to the Mac' Keynote event live over the internet.
- Livestation streams numerous TV channels such as France 24, RT, and Al Jazeera English.
- Microsoft added support for HTTP Live Streaming in IIS Media Services 4.0.
- Google added HTTP Live Streaming support in Android 3.0 Honeycomb.
- Helix Universal Server from RealNetworks supports iPhone OS 3.0 and later for live and on-demand HTTP Live or On-Demand streaming of H.264 and AAC content to iPhone, iPad and iPod initial release April 2010, latest release November 2012
- HP added HTTP Live Streaming support in webOS 3.0.5.
- Onlinelib added HTTP Live Streaming support in HLS Player and SDK for flash version 2.0, Plugin for JW-Player, OSMF 2.0 and Adobe Strobe Media Playback
- Yospace added HTTP Live Streaming support in Yospace HLS Player and SDK for flash version 1.0
- Wowza Media Systems released Wowza Media Server 2.0 with full support for HTTP Live Streaming on December 9, 2009
[править]Supported players and servers
|Product||Type||As of Version||Vendor|
|Helix Client SDK (Android 2.2 to 4.x)||VOD and Live HLS with Verimatrix DRM ||1.2 (November 2012)||RealNetworks|
|HLS Streaming Player and SDK for Flash ||VOD and Live||2.0||Onlinelib.de|
|HLS Streaming Player and SDK for Flash ||VOD and Live||1.0||Yospace|
|HLS Stream Player SDK for Windows 8 & Windows Phone 8 Apps||VOD and Live||1.0||3ivx|
|Amino x4x STB||VOD and Live||2.5.2 Aminet||Aminocom.com|
|Android||VOD and Live||3.0 Honeycomb|
|avplay||VOD and Live||Libav|
|VLC media player||VOD and Live||2.0||VideoLAN|
|iOS||VOD and Live||3.0+||Apple|
|QuickTime Player||VOD and Live||10+||Apple|
|ffplay||VOD and Live||FFmpeg|
|MythTV||VOD and Live||0.26||MythTV|
|nangu.TV on Motorola STB||VOD and Live||2.0||nangu.TV|
|Roku Digital Video Player||?||Roku OS / SDK 2.6||Roku|
|DicePlayer (Android 2.2+)||?||Diceplayer 1.0+||INISOFT|
|MX Player (Android)||?||MX Player 1.6|
|WebOS (HP Touchpad)||?||3.0.5||HP|
|LifeVibes Quickplayer (Android 2.2-4.0)||?||cinexplayer & other||NXP software|
|XBMC Media Center (cross-platform media player)||VOD and Live||12.0 Alpha 5 and later||XBMC Foundation|
|GPAC (cross-platform media player)||VOD and Live||0.5.0||Telecom ParisTech|
|Product||Technology||As Of Version||Vendor||Notes|
|Unicorn Once||SaaS||Unicorn Media|
|IIS Media Services||4.0||Microsoft|
|Adobe Flash Media Server||4.5||Adobe|
|Anevia ViaMotion Servers||Transcapsulation: from one input, several outputs|
(HLS, MS Smooth Streaming, ADS Flash, MPEG DASH)
|Packet Ship OverView:Origin Server||Capture from IPTV multicast and chunking to HLS for multi-bandwidth live streams, with AES encryption||2.1||Packet Ship|
|nangu.TV Streamers||on-the-fly adaptation: content is stored once enabling several outputs|
(HLS, MS Smooth Streaming, ADS Flash, MPEG DASH)
|TVersity Media Server||1.9||TVersity||Pro Edition only|
|Helix Universal Server||Live + VOD HLS with Verimatrix DRM integration, ABR, Multi-Resolution, AES encryption||15.0+||RealNetworks||High performance HLS (12,000+ concurrent devices)|
|Wowza Media Server||Wowza Media Systems|
|Flixwagon Platform Video Server||Flixwagon|
|StreamCoder Live Encoder||Realtime video encoder (inputs : DVB/IP stream or video signal). Supports multi-bitrates and multi-languages||Ektacom|
|VODOBOX Live Server||Apple HTTP Live Streaming (Compliant with iOS and Android)||Vodobox|
|Apache HTTP Server||Apache Software Foundation|
|Unreal Media Server||9.5||Unreal Streaming Technologies||Latency of live streams can be as low as 2.5 seconds over the Internet|
|InstaTV Server||1.0||InstaTV||Live transcoding and streaming of broadcasting TV using any Windows compatible digital tuner to mobile devices|